[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4311: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4313: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4314: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4315: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Althala Valley • View topic - Gryphine Breeding
Site Announcements

Feel free to look around or register an account to join in the events.

Gryphine Breeding

A big clearing at the center of the valley is the perfect spot to set up events.
- Events

Gryphine Breeding

Postby silvermoondragon » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:27 pm

So it’s time for a Gryphine breeding.

Meet Acquila, the first Gryphine chick:

First off is nest building. A Gryphine requires a nest to raise a chick, somewhere safe and cozy. To make their nests as safe as possible, the Gryphines build them in the tops of the highest trees in the valley. There are many old, abandoned nests around, still in good shape, leftover after the previous owner gave up raising chicks or just decided to build a new nest. If you don’t have, or don’t want to use an item in your nest that’s fine, you don’t have to, the old nests are available. But for those who do, you can check out the item list here: http://silvermoondragon.exofire.net/other.html Nest items can change the chances of successful breedings, or cause mutations and trade items can be traded in for other items.

To build a nest, just post a new topic in the Sky Nests forum: http://silvermoondragon.exofire.net/for ... m.php?f=13 with your username as the subject along with the following form:

username’s Nest

[item image] item name
[item image] item name

If you are not putting anything in your nest, you don’t have to make a post for your nest. Once an item is placed in the nest, I will edit your inventory to show that the items are in the nest. Also, later on, items can be removed from a nest, but become unusable after having been in the nest so long so they are effectively used up. However, if an item is left in the nest after a successful breeding, it will continue to have effect, although it will be diminished. If a breeding is unsuccessful, the item in the nest will still have the same effect next breeding season.

Second, is to start a sky dance. Two Gryphines will engage in a fascinating aerial display of twists and turns, loops and dives to determine the others' worth and readiness to raise Gryphine chicks. If a dance is successful, the pair will land in the nest they had put together or find an unoccupied one and sleep for an entire day, and the female will lay her eggs shortly after. If not, the pair will go their separate ways, possibly returning together the next breeding season to try once again. If you do not own a Gryphine or do not have two Gryphine of different genders, you may borrow a Gryphine from another owner or you may use any of the unowned Gryphines for this breeding season. Gryphines usually have about a 40% success rate.

To start a sky dance, just post a new topic in the Sky Dancing forum: http://silvermoondragon.exofire.net/for ... m.php?f=12 with your username as the subject along with the following filled out form:

Username:
Mother name:
Mother image or URL:
Father name:
Father image or URL:
If a Gryphine does not belong to you, do you have permission?
Have you built a nest or are you using a pre-made one?

Breedings will be open until August 31, 12:00 Midnight PST. Feel free to edit any of your forms until the end date.
silvermoondragon
Gryphine Leader

Cash on hand: 98.00
Bank: 50.00

Re: Gryphine Breeding

Postby silvermoondragon » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:12 pm

Ok, moving in and the first week of university has been quite busy, but I have finally got the chicks all drawn, coloured, scanned, and certed. So here they are, congrats to iforgotmybirthday1 and Laviee, our two successful breedings:

Image Image

Just let me know what you would like to name them. They should grow up in about a week.
silvermoondragon
Gryphine Leader

Postby iforgotmybirthday1 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:57 pm

AH! *flips* he's the cutest thing I've ever seen!!! :) *hugs him* Hmm.. but what to name him... I think Dante would fit him! *hugs him again* Thank you so much! He's seriously so adorable!!!!!
iforgotmybirthday1
Young Gryphine

Cash on hand: 14.00

Postby Janalee » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 pm

Aww, those chicks are simply adorable. ^_^ Congrats guys!
Janalee
Young Gryphine

Cash on hand: 8.00

Postby silvermoondragon » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:17 am

Ok, the chicks have now grown!

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

If you want to view the chick image or post it on your pages, the link is just http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk18 ... ne/032.gif where you put a 'c' after the number, ex. http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk18 ... e/032c.gif

Laviee, let me know what you'd like to name your girl.
silvermoondragon
Gryphine Leader

Postby iforgotmybirthday1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Wow he's seriously gorgeous! Thanks so much!
I put him up!
http://www.angelfire.com/iforgotmybirth ... dante.html
iforgotmybirthday1
Young Gryphine

Cash on hand: 14.00

Postby Laviee » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:02 pm

She's so beautiful<3
Her name's Minori. c:

Sorry about the awful delay...
School's been horrible, since I'm new and all, needing to learn the ropes.
And I got a new laptop for the school, and all my files are on my old one x.x;;
I will find time to get her up, I promise.
There's like a list I've made of the adoptables I've yet to put up.
Please be patient with me ><
Sorry again.
Laviee
Young Gryphine

Cash on hand: 0.00

Postby silvermoondragon » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:37 pm

That's ok, I've been pretty busy as well with the move and the first few weeks of university, plus Echos gave me an old expired PI account and I've been busy holding some events over there.
silvermoondragon
Gryphine Leader

Postby Laviee » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:16 pm

Laviee
Young Gryphine

Cash on hand: 0.00

Return to Events